Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ET - The Extra Terrestrial

Though I've been a movie buff since time immemorial, it's only recently that I've started watching Hollywood fare. That too, thanks to my hubby, who could survive on a diet of Star Movies, Sony Pix and HBO, were there nothing else to feed on.
I must admit that it took me quite some time to start appreciating these. For 2 reasons - one, I find the accent tough to understand, and two, the themes are a stark contrast to traditional Bollywood potboilers.

Among the few that I've had the patience and motivation to sit through, E.T. is the one movie I've enjoyed the most. This eponymous movie revolves around the trials and tribulations (not entirely - bcos E.T had some fun too) of an 'unearthly' creature accidentally left behind during the earthly sojourn of some other-worldly characters. How E.T. is befriended by some kids, how 'it' gets emotionally attached to them, and how they help restore it to where it really belongs is what the rest of the story is about. The way the director (who else but Steven Spielberg) has splendidly blended science fiction and earthy reality is what makes the movie a pleasure to watch

For more infor about the movie

Click here


P.S:- If you've not seen it as yet, its a must watch. Grab a VCD /DVD at the earliest!

2 comments:

Sundari said...

U r right! Kids will enjoy the movie the best. And how can one forget the cute Drew Barrymore in the movie.

Kavita said...

Hey sundari, its been ages since i logged onto blogger! Just saw ur comments, have been too tied up with work!