Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thapalai chaatam !

Here I am, back after a long hiatus....my lil doll kept me busy all these days..can u believe she'll be 2 the 21st of this Month? For her talking came sooner than walking! By now, she's quite clear wid the words she says and the way she communicates. She even speaks small sentences. Since hubby is from the palakkad side she is very quickly picking up the palakkad dialect. Sometimes, infact its me who learns some words from her these days :)

Last night, she suddenly called out to me: "Mummy ..Mummy..." and said, "thapayay taatam". At first I couldnt gather what she said. I asked her to repeat and she did. This cycle went on for atleast 4-5 times. When she realised that I'm not getting her..do u know what my sweetie did? She literally demonstrated to me :D .
It was only then that I realised what she meant...she showed me a froggy jump :) :)
She had actually meant to say " Thapalai Chaatam" which in palakkad dialect translates to "froggy jump" !!!

No comments: