Thursday, January 18, 2007

ramblings ..

Yes, its been more than a year now since I moved out of that divine place...called Pune. The place where I went to school, college and also did my first job! Yes, thats more than two decades at Pune! I miss those years when my little brother and I were taken care of by my Patty, as my parents were working. During school days when we used to get back home at noon, there was always sumptuous food made by paati, waiting to be devoured. And I can't remember a single occasion when we missed the customary and necessary thairu chadam, thanks to Patty. K and I used to fight a lot back then and Patty was always there to mediate and help us patch up! Till my time in school, I was in this protective cocoon...it was cosy and comfy no doubt, but every now and then, there was this urge to break out, venture out on my own, explore the big-bad-beautiful world.
It was during the halcyon days of my junior college and engineering that I did all the freaking out and man..was it awesome! I discovered the Sinhagads , the Vaishalis, the CCDs, the Baristas and ..the list goes on...
Once I joined work things things were really cool. The days when I managed to get back home on time, amma and I used to go shopping. Shopping for nothing in particular, but virtually everything in general. Of course, in most of these excursions, I'd end up splurging on goodies for myself:) The newfound financial independence gave me a giddy high - it's difficult to put it in words, but the world looked a lot prettier (and the wallet a lot lighter). Of course, it felt great to shower my folks with small gifts every now and then :)
oh...how I miss those days now....

"magar mujhko lautaa do bachapan kaa saavan
vo kaagaz kii kashtii, vo baarish kaa paanii"

2 comments:

Saaveri... said...

sahee hain yaar ( to use ur lingo) especially the last lines are punch enuf to me my eyes water with similar emotions... childhood is the best one can get in life :)

Kavita said...

True, bachpan is the best part of one's life and we realise that only once it has passed by :-)