Friday, November 30, 2007

Sometimes unknown people oblige as well !

today was just another day to work. the distance to office from home (around 2 km) is such that auto drivers do not agree to an easy ride, unless you are willing to shell out some extra bucks or get off half-way. yea, thats how auto-wallahs in Bangalore are typically. which is why I prefer to travel by bus. of course these are few and infrequent, so you need to be there on time in case you plan to take these. today was one such day when I was there on time and the bus was there at the stop, as if waiting for me to board and was almost ready to leave. I boarded, got my ticket and settled. suddenly I spotted a medical shop across the road and recollected that I needed some lozenges. I had been longing for these for the past couple of days thanks to my sore throat and cough. I quickly got down and requested the driver who was just about to rev up the engine , to wait for a couple of minutes so that I could get my lozenges from the medical shop. he just smiled and I knew he was OK with it. I got back in exactly 2 minutes and the moment I boarded the bus, we started off! It was a pleasant surprise in a world where auto-wallahs look askance at the mention of any place less than 2 kms away, and bus drivers are in an eternal race against time and against other buses.

2 comments:

Madhava Prakash said...

People from my town are really kind !!!!!!!!!!

Kavita said...

at times they are...not always!